WCREW was founded in 1998 to help professional women in all disciplines of the commercial real estate industry achieve success by providing opportunities learn, lead, network and do business together. This mission is an important one because today professional women make up only 36% of the real estate industry. And while that number is increasing, men still earn more than women across the board at comparable levels of experience and age, and across industry specializations. WCREW’s programs and services are focused on fostering networking and professional development of women, to help elevate the status of women professionals in the commercial real estate field. Some of the services available to WCREW members include:
- Professional Development Workshops Speakers on topics of local interest
- Networking Events
- Showcase Awards
- Leadership Luncheon
- Membership Directory
- Chapter Web site
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Access to the National CREW Network, its quarterly and annual national conference, website and other networking and educational opportunities.
In addition to these benefits, membership offers access to the National CREW Network as well as top real estate professionals throughout Wisconsin. WCREW and the National CREW Network members represent every aspect of the commercial real estate industry, including law, leasing, brokerage, property management, finance, acquisitions, and engineering. Nationwide, our memberships statistics are as follows:
- More than 63% are CEOs, presidents, owners, partners, or senior managers.
- They average 14 years of experience in commercial real estate.
- More than 75% have received or given a referral from or to another member.
- Nearly 50% report having conducted a commercial real estate transaction with another member. WCREW’s members are drawn from the highest levels of Wisconsin’s commercial real estate industry. The breakdown by discipline is as follows: